Happy December! Santa's mailbox is officially open for business! It's time to send in your letters! We love getting your letters, but please read these rules carefully. LETTERS THAT DO NOT FOLLOW THESE RULES MAY BE AUTOMATICALLY REJECTED.HOW TO WRITE YOUR LETTER
Click >>Send a Note<<
to go to the group's notes page. Your letter will be this note, with the subject DEAR SANTA
. Here's a template that shows you an ideal letter:Dear Santa,
I would like to have [a drawing of my character / a fanart of] _________ [from the show __________].
Here are a few references to this character: [links to two or three pictures that give us a reference of what the character looks like].
(P.S. I would like you to deliver this gift to my friend SomebodyElse for Christmas.)
I understand you may not have time to grant my wish, but I want to thank you for reading my letter and thank the elves for their hard work!
- You are limited to only ONE letter, whether it's for yourself or a friend.
- You MUST provide at least one picture reference. If you absolutely have none, provide a very detailed description.
- If you are requesting a well known character such as Naruto, no reference is needed unless requesting a specific outfit or version of the character.
- If you are asking for fanart, include the name of the show/movie/game/comic/whatever. For example: There are many Sakuras. Which Sakura do you want? Naruto? Cardcaptor Sakura?
- Elves are limited, so there's a good chance not everyone will have their wish granted. Please do not harass elves or complain about not receiving a present. The elves are all volunteers and work very hard to fulfill wishes. You will not get a separate notification if your request is not granted, because elves sometimes continue to work after the holiday season and your gift may just be delayed.
- Any requests violating the deviantART Terms of Service will automatically be rejected. We cannot create art that cannot be posted. Do not request any art that is pornographic, includes self mutilation, child abuse or any other images of that nature.
We will accept requests for characters of ALL types, but please keep in mind there are fewer elves who are talented in certain areas such as animals, anthros, and fantasy creatures. However, that does not mean it is impossible.
Single character requests are more likely to be fulfilled, because they are less time-consuming and more people can get gifts.
Because this is an international group, please do not ask for traditional art to be mailed to you. All art will be sent digitally. (Elves may offer, but do not ask.)
Copyright of all art belong to the individual elves and are not free for commercial use, even if the characters belong to you, unless you work things out with the elf.